Rain’s The Cloud (Fansite) in South Korea: HOW TO JOIN INSTRUCTIONS… IN ENGLISH.
[ETA 9/24/12: This post has been edited to include registration instructions for The Cloud’s new fansite created by Rainy Entertainment. :-}]
(» The original post and all of its comments are HERE, for anyone who needs to read back on the discussion. Do feel free to continue the thread on this special page, however. Thank you. ^@@^)
[*ETA 10/30: Clouds, The Cloud (Rain’s official Korean fansite) has posted a message about their 8th-year membership drive and they are asking for feedback. Please go over there and give them some super Cloud USA comments, okay? Thanks so much, Terri :-}]
[ *ETA 10/24: For translation of the buttons on the same line as your name, please look in this thread for RoseHoong’s comments from earlier today, October 24. Thanks for the additional information, Rose! — ^@@^ ]
[ *ETA 10/21: Again, here are highlights of The Cloud Fansite from NY Cloud cuckoo.
–> A Message Support Board for Rain (here is the place to send Rain message)
–> English Talk (basically is English speaking fans section. Mostly, some English translated notice will be posted here, so check it constantly)
–> 구름 가득한 방 (this section is Cloud Notice section, unfortunately, it can only accessed by
green[blue] Clouds. Fan club tickets application etc. will be announced here. After new Cloud membership re-opened, you can visit there if you become official Cloud) — Stephe ^@@^ ]
As many of you know, Rain’s official fan club is called “The Cloud” and is located in Seoul, Korea. In the past, some of Rain’s top supporters in Asia (and elsewhere) asked Cloud USA to help them drum up more overseas support for The Cloud’s official fansite, which is also called “The Cloud.” Our contacts asked us to register for The Cloud’s fansite and to talk a LOT more on their discussion boards there, to show Rain and The Cloud how much Rain’s global fans really do love and support him.
The good news is you do NOT have to be an official member of The Cloud to participate on The Cloud’s fansite. All you have to do is register, just like you did on Cloud USA’s forum, for example.
Because many of us global fans don’t speak Korea, many English-speaking fans had trouble in the past with registering on The Cloud’s fansite. (Many thanks to Rose H. for creating the original registration instructions for the original fansite.) However, since Rainy Entertainment has updated the site, fans seem to be having an easier time of it.
Still, just in case you are having some difficulty, below are some new instructions we wrote for The Cloud’s new site. (If you find any errors in these instructions, please e-mail your corrections to email@example.com. Thanks.)
How to register for The Cloud’s new fansite at http://rain-cloud.co.kr.
- Go to http://rain-cloud.co.kr
- Click on the dark, gray button on the top left of the page that says: JOIN (See Screenshot 1 below).
- Two types of membership options will appear on the bottom of the screen.
- Click on the bottom right box that reads “Sign up – foreign.” This is the sign-up link for fans who do not live in South Korea (See screenshot 3 below).
- Fill in the membership form with your personal details (see screenshots 4 & 5 below).
- Your NICKNAME will be the name that will appear on “The Cloud” fansite once you become a member. That is the name everyone will know you by. Please note that your NICKNAME is NOT your Log-on ID.
- Your Log-on ID is the number you will need to use every time you Log In to the site. Please note you must use all numbers for this ID. You may not use letters, spaces, or symbols.
- Remember to click on the “Confirm” button to make sure that the ID and Nickname you are trying to use are available. If the ID and Nickname you are trying to use aren’t available, try different ones. If the ID and Nickname are available, please make sure you click the OK button in the pop-up box that appears, otherwise you may get stuck in the process.
- Always remember that when you log in you will need to use your ID and Password, and then the site will open up to a page with your nickname at the top.
There are several great places to post messages on “The Cloud” fansite.
On the side-bar on the left, you will see a section called “World Cloud.” Click on that link. You will find a link at the top of the page that opens up called “World Talk.” Click on that link and you will find the “English Talk” board. The English Talk board is a board that has been set up especially for English speakers. We encourage you to fill this board with tons of messages.
You can also post to “Rain News.” The link for that thread appears at the top left of the page, in the section called “Notice.” Please feel free to respond to all messages there, as appropriate.
Please note that even if you are a registered member of “The Cloud’s” fansite (which is FREE to everyone), until you sign up as an official member of Rain’s official fan club, “The Cloud,” (through an official membership drive and which is NOT FREE), not all of the fansite’s areas will be open to you.
Unfortunately, the 8th Cloud membership drive for Rain’s official fan club, “The Cloud” has already passed. We do not expect another membership drive to take place until Rain has completed his military service. Cloud USA will let you know when the next membership drive begins, so that everyone who wants to become an “official” Cloud will be able to become one.
In the meantime, U.S./English-speaking Clouds, let’s all show Rain lots of love by posting messages and comments on “The Cloud’s” fansite.
Screenshot 1 (Screenshot of the Main Page, where you’ll find the JOIN button)
Slide 2 Screenshot 2 (Screenshot of how the page will look after you click on the JOIN button.)
Slide 3 Screenshot 3 (Screenshot of the Sign up – foreign button at the bottom of the page.)
Screenshot 4 (Screenshot of The Cloud’s sign-up page, with instructions.)
Slide 5 Screenshot 5 (Screenshot of completion of sign-up page and confirmation.)