[ETA 12/10][구름 8기 (8th Cloud)] A disclaimer from Cloud USA. READ it.
1. Terri and I joined the Korean Cloud as paid members (blue 8th Clouds) for this term (2010—TBD), but Cloud USA is NOT a part of, employed by, nor affiliated with the Korean Cloud (a.k.a. Rain’s official Cloud Fan Club).
2. Cloud USA is NOT affiliated in any way with RAINY Entertainment or J.Tune. We have disclaimers to that effect all over this fan site.
3. WE did not open membership to join the 8th Cloud, as only an employee or appointed representative of The Korean Cloud would have the power to do such a thing. The Korean Cloud opened its own membership drive. Terri, myself, and Cloud USA helped English-speaking Rain fans who expressed interest in the membership drive to understand what the Korean Cloud was doing, by providing their rules and as many of the particulars as we could in English. English-speaking Rain fans needed English-speaking advocates to try to bridge the language gap that was preventing them from sharing Rain’s news, following Rain’s career, and joining his sanctioned fan club. Terri and I took it upon ourselves to be one of those bridges, voluntarily and on our own, because we cared and despite the fact that we don’t speak Korean and we are not Korean. We are Americans living in Atlanta.
4. We have no control over the Korean Cloud and we have never claimed to. Officially joining the Korean Cloud is a personal choice (and a risk) that each fan took upon her- or himself, which is what we said repeatedly throughout the March and May recruitments—If you have any doubts, don’t join.
5. We are not responsible for what the Korean Cloud does or does not do. We do not make promises for the Korean Cloud. Please refer back to points #1, 2, and 3.
6. If emails to any of our Cloud USA email addresses keep bouncing back to you, it’s because you have the address wrong and we’re not getting them, OR there’s something going wrong on your end. Our email addresses work just fine.
7. The long delay in members getting their Korean Cloud Fan Club’s membership goods is the Korean Cloud Fan Club’s doing, NOT ours. We’re in the same boat as everyone else—sitting here waiting for our stuff that we paid for to finally be mailed.
8. Rain’s ridiculously killer concert schedule this whole year, and the fan site server being down and taking so long to fix, are two of the things that delayed our goods. You can’t mail goods to fans if you can’t pull up membership lists or your server messes them up. We may not like it, but it is what it is.
9. For the past two weeks, the Korean Cloud has been finally seeing to the production of our membership goods and actively regathering and confirming every blue 8th Cloud mailing address for the delivery of those goods. They even took the time to run a survey on what goods members would prefer to receive. There has been notice after notice after notice of that in the member sections and on the English Talk board on Rain’s official Korean Cloud Fan Site, for the past two weeks. (All important notices of that nature are translated in Japanese, Chinese, and English, so that members can just scroll down the notice and find their language.) I also took it upon myself to repeatedly spread the word about it here on Cloud USA (the media blog, Facebook, Twitter, etc.) to help out.
10. Today, 12/9/11, is the final address confirmation deadline, Korean time (they are ahead of us by 14 hours, so in just a few hours, it will be the 10th there). If there is still a blue 8th Cloud out there who somehow has not resubmitted their address, please see this Cloud USA notice HERE and USE THIS FORM; updating your address on your Account Page on the Cloud Fan Site is not what they asked you to do.
Rain goods undelivered due to member negligence is not Cloud USA‘s responsibility. In fact, Rain goods undelivered for any reason is not Cloud USA‘s responsibility.
11. Terri and I are here to help you, advise you, and advocate for you if the situation calls for it and if we are able. However, it is an 8th Cloud member’s responsibility to keep up with what is going on and to read Cloud Fan Site posts and Cloud USA posts completely and thoroughly. We should not be blamed for things that are not our fault, and we certainly don’t deserve to have our integrity smeared and called into question.
Thanks to all of you who got your addresses in on time, and thanks to those of you who have worked with me (Stephe) to get your addresses in to The Korean Cloud these past few days. We really appreciate it.
Links to address confirmation lists #1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 have been provided for us over on the English Talk board on The Cloud. As we understand it, there is still one final list to go.
— Stephe ^@@^ and Terri :-}, Co-founders
***EDITED TO ADD 12/10: The final confirmation list for Korean Cloud membership goods (for now) is HERE, in the private Cloud-Filled Room (구름 가득한 방), Item No. 3646. You must be signed in to view it.
PLEASE NOTE: The Korean Cloud will be working with any 8th Clouds who missed it and getting their goods to them tentatively in January 2012 .